Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm a jerk but at least I'm pretty (ish)?

One of my pet peeves includes: jerks who don't do what they say they are going to do. Sadly, oddly, I am one of those people (and I hate myself, really). For instance: I said I was going to three parties last weekend and I only showed up to one (by a hair: I was totally going to stay home and eat chips). Then, I said I'd work out with people: bailed. Oh oh. Don't forget how I scheduled that work meeting: cancelled at the last minute. And I just got off the phone after leaving a message to say, yeah, no, not going to be getting that laser hair removal. RESCHEDULE (the first of three cancels before I manage to make myself go). Yes, it is one of my best skills. Make a plan and not follow through. Very much NOT what Brian Boitano would do. My favorite things to bail on: Dentist appointments, anything that involves a potluck, and things planned long in advance. This is to say, SIGN ME UP! I won't show up. Once I know where I'm going, I'm already bored. I blame Future Me talking shit to Present Me. Please don't ask me to do something next week. Or next month. Planning ahead is not for me. But there are times I agree to some things. And when I cancel (which I usually do) at the last second, I Feel Awesome. I am Stealing: Stealing FREE time and giving it back to ME. Unplanned time. Spontaneous time. Anything-could-happen time.  Everytime I say "Maybe! We'll see! I'll Try!" Yeah. Not so much. Honestly it's an 80/20 split. In that: yeah, probably not. And what will I be doing instead? Frolicking in my free time, probably in my underwear doing whatever the fuck I feel like doing. I'm a fucking jerk, and I'm sorry. I feel terrible about it. But not really. I'm sure that's a big part of the problem.

No comments: