Friday, January 2, 2009

2009: the year of the better person

I won't lie: 2008 was not my best year. After a relaxing, indulgent holiday, I feel like 2009 is going to be the year that I become the fantastic person I've always meant to be. Or at least be a person who is slightly more mentally stable. Or hopefully not become even more of an asshole person. Here is a vague outline of my plan (which sadly is mostly an elaboration of last year's list):

1. acquire new skillz. mad skillz. skillz that contribute to my enjoyment of life and that I can turn out at parties. my current top two: perfect the handstand and learn to play guitar. juggling fire is definitely is next!

2. break every one of my current habits. these include, drinking coffee (I've already stopped and have experienced fewer emotional breakdowns, murderous rages, and 4p.m. floor pacings), laziness and procrastination, being an asshole, spending money on stupid things, getting in fights, picking my nose, binge drinking.

3. implement new habits, good habits, habits that will help me live until I'm 99 while continuing to look 29: flossing my teeth, taking my vitamins, moisturizing, sleeping, working (hard), meditating, yoga-izing, volunteering, eating regularly, and recycling. (holy fuck I'm going to be an amazing person!)

4. I'm going to run: I did so well last year until my music-maker died. That was last march. I'm going to run something (like a baby-marathon) someday, somewhere. I promise!

5. do more fun stuff. include the kids. fun stuff that's free. and super fun.

6. cook. become a MASTER chef. win friends and become famous.

7. be a better parent. It's going to be hard because I'm terribly selfish. recognize and foster the kids' skillz. kiss them lots. feed them occasionally. 

8. learn how to wear fake eye lashes.

9. stop neglecting the cat. 

No comments: