Saturday, September 12, 2009

Europe Round #2 highlights


My best bits of Rome and Sicily:
1. the Full Moon
2. the coldness of the roman fountains, climbing in them (I saw 22 of the 3000) and drinking the water they had to offer
3. the TV antennas that lined the rooftops
4. that I wore high heals most of the time
5. that the conference was open air
6. the blazing heat
7. getting my palm read (I will have one, maybe two, children)
8. Wine: all the time
9. taking a nap in the Oldest Church in Rome on Sunday morning
10. The big huge waves on the Sicilian beach and throwing my body into them
11. the bombed-out nature (from the second world war) of Palermo
12. breakfast on the roof
13. cockroaches in the streets
14. the silly grown men I was traveling with and their silly jokes
15. the food: the very underdone pasta, the fresh figs, the pastries, the coffee, the "meat" balls.
16. missing my babies so much that I almost stole other peoples'
17. cityscapes at night and night photography
17. the plane ride home
18. all the little boys that jumped into my bed and kissed me this morning

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely! I think you need a new palm reader!

Unknown said...

I guess i'm not the only one who's glad you're home - glad you had a good time