Monday, March 10, 2008

Winter

Stats:
1. This weekend it snowed for 2 days. Complete with ice pellets. And wind straight from the North Pole. Total snow: 25-50 cm.
2. This morning when I woke up: -20
3. Date: March 10th.
4. Number of cars I got stuck in the snow this morning: 2
5. Number of extra minutes it took the boat to cross: 10
6. Forecast for Tomorrow: -12
7. Number of suicidal thoughts in the past 48 hours: 24

FOR THE LOVE OF HUMANITY, WINTER FUCK OFF, FOR FUCK SAKE.
Like the end of a pregnancy, when you've resigned yourself to being pregnant FOREVER, that this is your new state of always being, I have resigned myself to winter. Spring will never come. It does not exist.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I think you would enjoy a nice, hot, sweaty sauna. Have you ever been to RMC's sauna? It's delicious and hardly ever used. Walk in, tell them you just want to use the sauna and nothing else, (so they won't charge you the full $6), take off all your clothes (it's in the women's change room)and feel the heat from the top of your head all the way down to your toes.

Me? A Mom? said...

I think i need some back story here...have you always hated winter or are you newer to the north?

I lived in Des Moines, Iowa (aka Icy Land of Hell) for four years during college and haven't been able to stand cold weather since.

Thinking warm thoughts for you. C

Astrid Rose said...

I don't mind winter...okay, that's a lie. I hate winter. Always have. And I've always lived in it (Nova Scotia was way worse). And I'm hating it more with each passing year. And when March hits, I expect spring. Or at least an end to Large Amounts of snow and extreme cold. This winter has been super, duper long and relentless. Also, both of my parents are from St. Louis. So winter is not part of my DNA, baby. (that's my excuse.)