Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Teaching the kids new tricks

This weekend I helped the kids make their own pizzas. I didn't realize how much they would enjoy it. They even ate more than usual. So I guess that nutritionist (the one that makes me feel like I'm a crappy parent) was right: getting kids involved in food preparation is good for them. I should do this more often. Dex even proclaimed he wants to learn how to cook. Here is a window of opportunity that needs to be taken advantage of. I'm having fantasies of my seven year old cooking me suppers. Unrealistic?


Next Step: Three course meals.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Absolutely not and I have proof! My bro-in-laws cousin has a son who wants to be a chef. He's been cooking them dinner since what, the seventh grade? I've had his meals and they are AMAZING! My sister, who is also a freakin' good cook has often exclaimed that Jake made the best X she's ever had. My sister's eldest daughter and Jake often get together to cook the entire two families meals. Take advantage of it indeed!