Sunday, January 24, 2010

Last Night

Went to a dinner party!

Was excited!

Socialized with Real Live Grown Ups.

Refreshing.

The events:
1. my skin (the new skin, found under the old skin that I had lasered off four weeks ago) is extra sensitive, in that, I have some zits. I looked 14...because of the acne, not the laser. Everyone else was at least 10 years older than me. Felt like a babe in the woods. Divine.
2. I was unsure of the dress code. Does dress like a Bard mean dress like a ballerina? I thought so. One guy wore a towel with a kilt printed on it. Awesome. 
3. They served Haggis. I enjoyed it. Especially when paired with scotch.
4. I made plenty of on-purpose inappropriate comments/jokes. 
5. My hair: I did not cut it. I did not wear my grey tuque to hide the mop. No one barfed on my head. A miracle.
6. I was starving (I haven't eaten in a few days do to fear of old food and boredom with feeding myself). So I had TWO servings of haggis.
7. Learned what feltching is. And that you can also spell it fletching. So there.
8. scabies can be sophisticated dinner party talk. And still continues to be hilarious. Especially when the guy beside you has a phobia of public transit and changes his pants immediately after sitting in a cab/bus/subway.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Have fun! I want to hear all about how exactly one serves cow guts at a dinner party.

Unknown said...

Hope you had a good time but chitlins ain't my cup of tea - can't wait to hear what happened!! May have to call - later - way later