Saturday, January 9, 2010

How to: get drunk and gain personal insight

Ahem: the list of favorite wines grows by one:
1. Mateus Signature, Douro 2007, Portugal. $8,95
2. Conde De Valdemar, Reserva 2003, Spain. $21,10 (i.e., yikes!) 

I like #1 the BEST so far (wins with taste to price ratio), but I think #2 is actually a better wine. But then, I'm an "other peoples' preference slut" in that I am easily swayed: someone told me it was very very good and then gave it to me. Even said to Save it for a Special Occasion. (I don't understand special occasions. I wasn't born with a sentiment circuit.) But! Free Wine? Extra DELICIOUS. But in all likelihood, my taste buds are biased. I'll buy #2 when I'm feeling Impressive and Sexy. Oh, and Rich. The search for 3-5 continues...

In the meantime it seems I am learning things about myself:
1. I like to taste this part of the world with my mouth.
2. I like drinking.
3. I like it when I get stuff for free

Realizations that let me to subtract 5 points from myself for being like every other jerk in the world.

No comments: