Pros of hospital life:
1. near complete isolation (we weren't even allowed out of the room for the first three days): a break from the stresses of my life which include people, work/school, daily tasks like eating, bathing and cleaning. A chance to reflect and get my shit together. I really hope I get my shit together.
2. One-on-one time with Lew for 23 hours a day (I get to leave for about an hour to forage for food and clean myself).
3. Cable TV! Galore.
4. It's cold outside but I don't have to feel it!
5. I'm improving my text messaging skills.
6. They bring meals (for Lew anyway).
7. free coffee!
8. I get to sleep in until 8.
Cons of hospital life:
1. No access to facebook. Big Brother thinks it's a Bad Thing, a Time Waster even, and has the site blocked.
2. Oh right, my super sick baby.
3. I'm only eating chocolate and coffee.
4. I've officially missed EVERY deadline I ever had. I'm probably going to get fired/kicked out/go to jail.
5. I sleep on things made of plastic.
6. Student nurses who talk baby talk, pull him out of bed when I'm trying to get him to nap, who hover, who insist on doing procedures (like blood pressure) because "it's what's expected of them".
7. My near constant institution-induced headache.
8. the IV that is ALWAYS going off. Day and Night. Mostly between 1-5 a.m.
I think we're in here for the weekend. Although we may get a Day Pass, for a few hours. The little guy is doing better. Phew.