Friday, February 6, 2009

some random things about current me:

1. I love astrology. Chinese and/or Western: mixed together, all alone. All of the above. I can spend hours reading up on it. Especially when I should be doing anything else. I check my daily horoscope from the paper and Rob Brezney's weekly. I think it's the coolest funnest shit ever. The first thing I rudely ask New People is their birthdate. I'm such an asshole. 

2. I adore eating. I get really excited about eating. I get excited about bread. And chicken. Roast chicken. I love to eat until I'm too full. I'll sprint 200 metres for cake. I like going for a few days eating very little to get a real hunger on. I love steak and potatoes. And eggs. Before a forthcoming delicious meal, I will fast. I like to work my body until I bleed and fall mad-starving face first onto a meal: taste buds 10-hundred times their tasting strength! 

3. This week I can't stop thinking about pink satin. And how I can wear it everyday. 

4. I love shopping for clothes. I have a terrible weakness for bags, coats, and cute underwear. I love reading magazines about fashion. I dream about designing and making my own stuff. 

5. I am tragically addicted to my gross grey tuque. I haven't washed it. Ever. Ick. I want to wear it all the time. With everything. Even high heels and pink satin dresses. Something in my mind tells me it looks elegant. The juxtaposition. But no. It really doesn't. I just look like an ashen penis (and yes, that is the current running joke). 

6. If you dare me, I'll do it. Fear has never stopped me. I don't have any phobias. I used to fear: needles, vomiting, bad breath, sweaty armpits, debt, death, my sewing machine, wearing skirts, going to the gym, make-up, high heels, the post office. 

7. I find special pleasure in sleeping on the couch with all of my clothes on. I do this regularly.

8. I dig love stories and love poems. But I do not understand sentimentality. Disney makes me angry and violent and draw Venn Diagrams with swear words. 

9. I really enjoy dropping the f-bomb in semi-inappropriate settings. 

10. I have faith in Karma, my new deodorant, fortification, my new kettle, my motor cortex, the healing powers of 3 a.m. poutine, and you.

11. I really look forward to knowing my children as adults.

13. And PS: I'm Canadian.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Things from your list we have in common:
1. Every time I meet a new person I have to stop myself from asking what month they were born so I don't come off like a vampire looking for blood!
2. I adore food - maybe not steak and potatoes, but I love great tasting food.
3. I have a fetish for hats and have had many winter hats that I will wear every single day despite my friends laughing at their shape on my head.
4. I dare you to eat poo - human poo!

Astrid Rose said...

I don't doubt that I have eaten human pooh. Not on purpose.