Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When Men Leave Town

When the men leave town all hell breaks loose. It is always this way for me. Maybe it's because the children then really outnumber the left behind parent (if you have three children) and the universe gets testy/bored/excited and wonders What If? What if I break down her car or give everyone mouthal and anal vomiting (all at once) or make a blizzard at -40 degrees or loose her keys or maybe a pregnancy scare? Everyone loves those. Anyway, I survived my recent abandonment, I mean, single parenting experience (barely). But my neighbour: her husband is not even gone 12 hours and she is calling me with an emergency! Seriously universe...c'mon. And while we wait for the ambulance I'm thinking, sweet lord jesus, no one is sleeping in my house tonight, all Five Children that I'm now responsible for. Might as well roast a chicken. So much for not drinking today.


UPDATE: kid's got Croup. Damn that dirty jerk Croup.

3 comments:

Brato said...

it's nice to see you happy.

Astrid Rose said...

the chicken is delicious!!

Heather said...

mmm whole roast chicken...drooool.