Monday, February 1, 2010

Ready, Set: wait. uh oh.

Well, it's day one of The Revenge Trip and it started with a bang! That would be, the sound in my head when my new boyfriend (more on that later) came to pick up his visiting kid last night and said: "hahahahah, so no school tomorrow? lucky kids." I was all "what the crap? no school. stop being so silly you big silly pants, it's monday. of course they have school." And then he says IT like it's no big deal: "yeah, tomorrow's a PA day." Then I fainted. I don't know what PA stands for but in my mind PA = an extra long weekend with no childcare. Which I don't like by the way. I like my job. It is quiet. There are no children. And no one poops their pants (usually). And When Monday comes around I'm all "I need a break. Send me to work." Fucking spontaneous PA days (which are incidently marked on a calendar on the fridge but whatever). Seriously, most 12 year-olds are more on top of things than me.

In the end it worked out and I found last minute childcare. He says her name is "Cindy" and I've asked him, I mean her, to please not smoke in the house (or at least crack a window and keep your back to the kids). I'm sure the boys will be fine. Hahaha. Just kidding (sort of). And honestly, I'm kind of sad that I didn't get to tell the story of how I showed up for school only to find there wasn't any. Now THAT would have been funny. Eventually.

1 comment: