Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lew, you're killing me.

Oh third child of mine. You are so cute. And energetic and always hungry (boy! you can eat). And curious! My you are curious. And sometimes, I wish hurricane rhymed with Lew because that is what you are: A little absolutely destructive force of nature. And sneaky. Damn you are sneaking. Why just yesterday while I was meditating with my eyes closed under all the covers in my bed (it's how I concentrate the best!) you methodically and systematically eviscerated the third floor inside of ten minutes. Might have been twenty...hard to say cause time flies when I am trying to achieve enlightenment. And I didn't hear a thing. In fact, I thought you were playing a very quiet game of "learning how to use the potty" or "doing the dishes." Perhaps I also knew better but never mind.

We had to leave the house that day. For several hours. For your own personal safety. And I had to have one (okay okay two) beers in someone else's backyard all before 1 pm (It was Saturday and the sun was shining and there was a trampoline!). It seems you won't be outgrowing this anytime soon. And I'm beginning to understand this is something about you that I Love. A lot. I just have to be a better parent and figure out how to use your talents for good instead of for entropy. Seriously, too bad they don't have March Break camps for international espionage or hire nearly four-year-olds on demolition crews. You'd excel. Kisses!

No comments: