Thursday, December 17, 2009

2010: I'm going to murder you with awesomeness!**COMPLETE

This year I'm going to do it. Totally totally do IT. IT being all those things I didn't do but said I would last year. Except be a better person. That's just futile. And frankly: people who say they are good, yikes, stay away from them (rule #5).

Top 20 to-dos this year:
1. ride a rollercoaster
2. expect less
3. taste-test LOTS of wine and discover five that I love. know them by name.
4. climb a real-live mountain on another continent
5. drive to the desert. 
6. go to a strip-club (never been)
7. go to NYC: practice hunting for apartments (for when I retire and live there)
8. become awesome at high-kicks
9. and punches
10. go skiing at least twice
11. stop drinking so much (which directly conflicts with #3)
12. learn to read minds/the future, better: point out to people when I know what's going to happen before it happens. Just so I can creep them out.
13. Seriously, I'm going to really learn how to cook properly. I'm over being an adequate chef. I want to see my food give someone a mouth orgasm. 
14. do what I say I'm going to do: so yes, I'm making a cake next week. for realsies. 
15. make a fucking quilt; ask my sister to help me make a fucking quilt.
16. stop giving a shit. except about things that REALLY matter: life and death and regular bowel movements.
17. be a picture of social grace, etiquette and charm. except of course, when I feel like being a raging jackass (89% of the time-thanks new calculator).
18. love, regardless
19. GROW LONG HAIR AND TELL PEOPLE ALL ABOUT IT.  (Hair update! it can touch the tip of my nose. The last time it was this long, I lived on Robie St. in another city and listened to albums on my record player and almost took up smoking as a full-time hobby. but learned to dive in the Atlantic instead.) 
20. turn everything into a story. tell the world.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm in for #7!

Me? A Mom? said...

You could knock out 6, 7, and 2 in one trip!

Brato said...

i think you should do number 6 somewhere in europe. amsterdam maybe.