Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day for a Mother

Saturday night:

6 p.m.
Lewis vomits while eating dinner. Like a Roman, he pukes on the floor, turns back to his food, and keeps on eating. I'm marginally horrified.

7 p.m.
I hear Lew coughing in his crib and go in just in time to see him vomit all over his bed.

7:15 p.m.
Cancel the babysitter and our plans to go out for drinks.

11: 25 p.m.
Neville wakes up complaining of aching legs. He crawls into bed with Duncan.

3:15 a.m. Mother's Day
Neville vomits all over the bed, Duncan, and the bathroom. (Note to selves: DO NOT MOVE A VOMITING CHILD.) I spend the next hour scrubbing the bathroom with bleach and washing laundry. I fall asleep to sounds of the an unbalanced washing machine bouncing around the laundry room.

7:15 a.m.
"Happy Mother's Day"
Oh, right. I say.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You need a comic strip Em!

Lindsay E said...

for sure!