Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Paper Genius

Halloween 2007. The kids have been out of their minds with excitement for Halloween for the past month. I wish I was exaggerating. But I am not. They were writhing on the floor with anticipation when I got home from work tonight. So, we stuffed a few bites of nutrition in them while waiting for dark, piled into the car, drove to the village and spent about an hour slowly (oh so slowly) walking about seven blocks and collecting about one full bag (grocery bag) of candy. We got home at 8:30, about 1.5 hours past bedtime. In good "we've had too much fun" fashion, Neville had a pre-bedtime hysterical meltdown when I denied him his demand to "eat all of his candy NOW!" I tried to assure him that tomorrow he could eat it until he vomits but his exhausted brain could not compute. On the way home Dexter said: "I can't wait for next year's Halloween!" Only 365 more sleeps.


Duncan spent approximately 4 solid days (and nights) making this year's Halloween costumes for the boys. They are robots, and the costumes are made out of paper and cardboard. The best part: on the helmets there are tiny lights that run along the peak to light their way. Pretty much the best costumes ever!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

These are the coolest costumes I've ever seen! Homemade even!!
Justin's sister-- Danielle