Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Action Plan

A bunch of stuff I plan to do today in order to feel less like the lazy jerk that I am and more like an outstanding winner:

1. Use the buttermilk to make pancakes for brunch
2. make muffins for lunches (hopefully use buttermilk)
3. Read two chapters for my "book club"*
4. paint the nails on my Other Hand: maybe. I'm almost positive I hate finger nail polish, hence the "only paint one hand for now and see how it makes me feel" experiment. When I look at my painted nail hand, for some reason it makes me feel like a middle aged jewish woman. And since I'm neither Jewish nor middle aged (yet) it makes me feel uncomfortable.
5. Resist the chocolate cake (that called for the damn buttermilk in the first place)
6. Force the kids to eat some ice cream. There is too much in the freezer and there is no room for things like "frozen fruit and vegetables." And since I'm such a good parent, they hate ice cream along with food like "chips and cookies." Maybe if I sprinkle broccoli on top they'll act like regular children. 
7. Wash little boy underwear. They change their underwear like ten times a day. I don't know what this means.
8. Finish those goddamned pillow covers
9. Call my mother
10. File T4s before midnight and process a bunch of other over-due government paper work.
11. Go to the gym and run a small marathon
12. Sear some fresh tuna for my gourmet dinner
13. Read a science article at least twice
14. Find the transfer cable for my camera
15. Put pants on Lew
16. Put pants on me

I'll feel like a fucking super hero and high five myself at least ten times if I power through this list. Although, I've been Sunday Emily before and know that she is extremely lazy and generally disinterested. Which makes me afraid for the future.  

*Consists of me and an eight year old girl. 

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I think the sane choice would be to stretch this list out over say, a week? Why in the world would you pick a Sunday to tackle a mammoth list such as this? Don'tcha know Sundays are all about laziness. It's the only day of the week you can get away with it without feeling like a total slacker 'cause everyone else is doin' it too.
ps. What is it about wearing nail polish that makes me feel like a tramp?
pps. I can't believe you got your makeup and hair done at a salon. WHO ARE YOU and what have you done with Emily??
pps? I like makeup now. What has happened to ME?

Astrid Rose said...

The only reason I was slated to do all that shit was because I had been putting it ALL off for....who even knows. If I wasn't so awesome at procrastinating, I wouldn't be in high expectation messes like these.