Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Snap-shots of the future

Driving to Loblaws (a grocery store), 4:45 pm, me and six-year-old Dex, our conversation:

D: "How do people get married?"

Me: "Well, they go to a church, say a bunch of words about forevers, and then sign some papers."

D:  "How do you know who to marry?"

Me: "Well, you find one person you really like and who you think you can spend the rest of your life with. And you have a little faith that you're choosing The Right Person."

D:  "Finding one person. That sounds Really Hard."

Me: "Yeah, it is."

D: "I don't want to get married...What I really want to know, is how you get a credit card...."

Jesus.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Tell him all he has to do is go to university and the credit card companies will be throwing cards at him.

ps. me for the past two weeks glued to couch, staring at picture box of six feet under seasons 1 & 2

Heather said...

Hilarious! I cannot wait to see that kid and his brothers in person!