Friday, December 21, 2007

Holiday road trip

For the first time since our babies were born, we're traveling to Nova Scotia for Christmas. And we're doing it by car. Now, we've driven the 15+ hours there before (several times in fact) but not in December. And not with an 18 month old. I'm rather afraid.

But I'm also excited. I haven't been "home" in 1.5 years and I'm wanting it. Once we get to Nova Scotia, Christmas will be waiting for us. And while I'm no Christian, it will be festive-fun nonetheless. All of my siblings will be there, a first in many years. I get to meet my sister's new German fiancee. I'm going to get together with a group of my high school friends (not seen for 10+ years) as well as my good Uni friends! I expect to come back sated. And happy. And ready to go back to work (10+ days in close quarters with small children will do that).

For now, I'm packing, cleaning, and trying not to think about the long, long day of travel tomorrow (we leave for Montreal tonight where we'll stay with my brother and shove off first thing tomorrow morning).

Home, oh my sweet Nova Scotian home, here I COME!!

(And Merry Christmas Everyone!)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Safe and sane travels!
I'm glad you get to "go home" and be a daughter, a sister, a friend and a mom.
Enjoy, enjoy!

Merry Merry!